Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yuck: another BBC News cosmetic change

I think this is what happens when you let a programmer loose with client-side design ;-).

BBC News Screenshot

I'm all for enhancing the user experience with nice uses of javascript etc, but this really does feel like it's been added for the sake of adding it.


  • Visually, it looks horrendous. I'm no designer, but even i can see that this just doesn't work with the rest of the page.

  • Why does it even need to be on the page at all?
I understand that they want to push their audio/video stuff, but this isn't the right place for it.

It's quite interesting to reflect upon my reaction, which was quite emotional over a small little change to this page (which happens to be my start page so i see it often). I kinda can empathise with the Netscape.com users who've had their old trusted site transformed into something "new and trendy" without actually wanting it to happen.

I wonder how long it'll take before it gets changed :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home